A bunch of (hopefully) self-explanatory slides about new subquery optimizations in MySQL 6.0 is available here (UPDATE: here’s a working link). The slides are from this MySQL University session, so there was an audio stream but there were some difficulties with it and it is not available now.
- My proposals for Percona Live: Window Functions and ANALYZE for statements
- MariaDB 10.1: Better query optimization for ORDER BY … LIMIT
- A discovery - Index Condition Pushdown can cause a slowdown after all
- Priority queue optimization for filesort is now visible in MariaDB 10.0
- New feature in MariaDB 10.1: ANALYZE statement
- Optimizations for derived tables in MySQL 5.6 and MariaDB 5.5+