A bunch of (hopefully) self-explanatory slides about new subquery optimizations in MySQL 6.0 is available here (UPDATE: here’s a working link). The slides are from this MySQL University session, so there was an audio stream but there were some difficulties with it and it is not available now.
- Slides from Percona Live talks: optimizer tutorial and Cassandra Storage Engine
- MariaDB 10.0: Named dynamic columns, now with documentation
- No, Sheeri, MySQL 5.6 does not optimize subqueries away
- MySQL@FOSDEM 2013: Call for papers closes in a few days!
- New optimization in MariaDB 10.0: EXISTS-to-IN subquery rewrite
- Looking at MySQL 5.6’s optimizer: EXPLAIN UPDATE