A bunch of (hopefully) self-explanatory slides about new subquery optimizations in MySQL 6.0 is available here (UPDATE: here’s a working link). The slides are from this MySQL University session, so there was an audio stream but there were some difficulties with it and it is not available now.
- Pager script for shrinking EXPLAIN output
- SHOW EXPLAIN in MariaDB 10.0 vs EXPLAIN FOR CONNECTION in MySQL 5.7
- A chance for Cassandra Storage Engine
- MySQL 5.6: no testcases for non-crashing bugs, either (and an incomplete bugfix)
- MariaDB 10.0: EXPLAIN in the slow query log
- EXPLAIN UPDATE/DELETE/INSERT in MySQL and MariaDB